This position involves being a part of the Engineering team that develops complex embedded hardware products in the area of teleprotection and communications for the electric utility market.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze functional requirements, customer use-case scenarios to perform system-level testing on new software/firmware builds, release candidates.
- Develop and execute detailed test plans and validation procedures on complex industrial-grade products. Articulate findings, report observations/bugs to the development team. Prepare test reports.
- Act independently with considerable judgment & initiative to determine methods and procedures for complex, high-impact testing/troubleshooting assignments.
- Troubleshoot and characterize product performance issues to improve product quality, and reliability ultimately leading to an improved product experience for the end-user.
- Develop a test plan and determine test methodology for testing new features as internal end-user for the product.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- An individual with a strong passion for product quality and desire towards adding value to the R&D group by making significant contributions.
- Must have 4+ years of experience as a Test Engineer during the new product development cycle.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in testing industrial products (as a complete system) with 15-20+ years of the life cycle.
- Must have good experience in firmware testing, GUI application testing of industrial products.
- Must possess a strong understanding of System-level testing concepts and methods (Smoke testing, Integration, Testing, stress testing, Regression Testing).
- Strong ability to execute documented test cases as per the outlined test plan.
- Must have a proven track record of using various web-based test reporting, documentation tools (TestRail, JIRA, VSTS, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience of using various test equipment, their GUIs, for system-level testing,
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to report test results, bugs, observations.
- Hands-on experience in writing UI and Functional Test cases.
- Hands-on experience in the Testing desktop-based application as well as a web-based application.
- Demonstrated experience of interacting with firmware/software developers, product engineers, product management for test results review/discussion/reporting,
- Demonstrated experience of efficiently working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented product development environment,
- Proficient in using the test, validation tools such as Wireshark, Terminal Emulators (SSH, Telnet, PuTTY, etc.).
- Must have the aptitude for grasping/learning new concepts, technologies such as Carrier Ethernet, MPLS-TP, SDN to successfully perform functional testing on the products designed with these technologies.